Monday, July 25, 2011

Food allergies

Here's my update: I recently found out that I have minor allergies to the following foods: wheat, eggs, and peanuts. The diagnosis comes after not feeling well for about a month. I went to see my doctor and she suggested some blood tests.  I have adopted a gluten-free diet now, which is a big lifestyle change, as well as being an avid label reader! It's amazing how many products have forms of wheat in them, and then if they don't- they have eggs! This means no more bread, pasta, baked goods, etc! I have tried some gluten-free baked goods- NOT GOOD! The hunt is on for some good stuff! But the reality is I am feeling better and this is not the end of the world!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome for doing this diet! I tried it for a few weeks cuz I think I have the same thing with the gluten, but it was hard! and expensive! I do have the egg allergy and do not eat them, or anything that has a lot of egg in it. And cheese is definitely a huge problem for my stomach in the way that the second it goes in it comes back out which really sucks! I saw on facebook you found yummy cookies that are gluten free. =) Hopefully the gluten free processed foods will keep coming out!

    ReplyDelete