Alison's picture is still on our fridge from her funeral- the one where she has the huge smile and it says "Be calm and knit on." Still can't believe that she is gone. We'll never hear that laugh again. We'll never watch her roll her eyes. We'll never be wowed by her intelligence about life in general, and politics, in particular. Man, she would have changed the world.
It was amazing to be with everyone at Brit's wedding, but so hard to be without one member. I don't know how Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Steve are doing it. I find myself falling apart over it every few weeks. It's just not fair.
i love you, cousin.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys all too! I miss her so much, it really isn't the same. So unfair. I definitely miss the rolling of her eyes. lol it makes me smile thinking about it. And every time I listen to the oldies station I remember taking a cousin budbble bath on Hopehaven (which is slightly disturbing) but Alison was so proud of her dad, and she was singing and had Uncle Steve come in to sing the counter part. They were quite the duo. There really isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. And I watch her "sexy library" video when I need to smile. It really captures her spirit.
ReplyDeleteWe have such a group of characters in our family - and for that I am proud and more than thankful. And now I'm crying. Love you Alison. I wish I had taken that trip to NY sooner. Miss you cousins!