Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting to know you. . .

Here's the challenge- although many miles separate us, let us still know the big and the little things going on in each other's lives. Last week we lost our cousin, Alison. What an awesome life she led. Although only with us for 28 years, she touched so many lives, and accomplished so many things.  Her death made me realize how much I didn't know about her- sad that I learned so much following her death.

I don't want this to happen again. I want us to tell each other things, so that we know one another, know each little quirk, know the milestones. Let's keep one another updated. Love you, Sciarrino family!

6 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea. :) good job abby!
    big news here... I ate a burrito yesterday. still not going down "smooth", but going down.
    and ben proposed to me again... with a pretty sweet hello kitty ring. i'm sure its not what you are thinking, its white gold and has diamonds along the sides... stil not a good explanation. i'll post a picture if that is something we can do on here.
    goodnight from lakewood! love, courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. my big news...well...there is a field trip tomorrow to the golden geology museum!

    in other news, i am running my half marathon in a bit over a month, so thats about all i am working on outside of planning incredible rock museum field trips.

    wow, alison would have way more to write on this. i need to get outside of my comfort zone and do some stuff!
    love you all!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on Alison having so much more to write on this. I just read her obituary... and it is absolutely incredible what she has accomplished in her short time here. We all need to step out of our comfort zones and volunteer our services as she did. Obviously there is enough time in each day if you make it. I am so proud of everything she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true- let us encourage one another to get out there and do something! Okay- I'm not really familiar with blogging- how do I make it so that you guys can blog, too? I don't want you guys to just post comments- anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. =) in your dashboard click on 'settings'
    then there will be tabs at the top
    go to the last one on the right 'permissions'
    it will list all of the 'authors' (just you right now) - you can type in our email addresses and it will invite us to be authors. then the rest is up to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wedding update... we signed the contract for the venue/catering today. =) february 4, 2012 is official at the super haunted stanley hotel (from the movie the shining with jack nicholson). www.stanleyhotel.com
    its gonna be snowy, but clear blue skies, ask adam about colorado winter days. =)
    love you guys

    ReplyDelete